If you are looking to be on the leading edge of culinary creativity, but aren't too eager to start a bonfire or drag out the smoker in the middle of winter, we suggest trying Wright's Liquid Smoke. Flavors include Applewood, Hickory, and Mesquite.
Find your favorite recipe and incorporate this hearty grilled flavor or try this one from our friends at Wright's.
Make 4 servings
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 (15 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
• 1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
• 1 teaspoon WRIGHT'S® Liquid Smoke
• 1 (1.25 oz.) package Ortega® Chili Seasoning mix*
In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, brown beef and
cook onion and green pepper in oil until tender; pour off excess
fat. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat to boil. Cover; reduce
heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
*2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon
each garlic powder and ground cumin and 1/8 teaspoon ground red
pepper may be substituted for the chili seasoning mix.